When it comes to establishing your business, marketing, or brand strategy there will always be these same 5 stages.
1. Vision: Imagine the perfect future for your brand and business. Establish your strategic mission and values, then focus on what makes your business exceptional and what goals you want to accomplish. To help you accomplish this perform a SWOT Analysis.
2. Empathize: Understand your customer by putting yourself in their shoes. Develop a customer persona to understand your audience and ensure that your brand resonates with your target. One of my favourite tools to use is Xtensio.
3. Expand: Collect inspiration for your business and expand your perception. Gather inspiration from the world around you, follow industry leaders, and newbies to learn from, and inspire you. Some of my favourite platforms I use to follow industry leaders are LinkedIn and Instagram.
4. Elevate: Define what makes your brand stand out from the crowd. Evaluate your competitive landscape so you can better understand your market position and where to look for new opportunities. One of my favourite tools to use for this is Google Alerts.
5. Expression: Develop a strong framework for visually and verbally expressing your brand online and in person. Create your brand story that is full of visual and verbal cues for best communicating and delivering your brand to the world. One of my favourite tools to use for this is mystorybrand.com
Ashley is a virtual business solutions strategist, social media specialist, and blogger based in Calgary Alberta. Ashley helps businesses share their voices and broadcast their businesses through powerful digital marketing strategies. The best way to get in touch with her is through her LinkedIn profile.